Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Bantu knot tutorial for naturally curly hair


Hey y'all! It's WEDNESDAY! So you know what that mean.. that means I'm posting if you don't know... anyways, today I am going tell you about how I Bantu knot my hair! I actually made a video and I'm going to share that link with you guys here! I'm so excited to show it to y'all because it is my first ever video I'm posting and you can tell I'm nervous lol, but that will change over time I'm sure... maybe..Idk. Regardless, I am putting it up and I will explain down below how to do Bantu knots too so just keep reading or watching 
How I feel inside when I post and when it's Wednesday



1. So the first thing you want to do is have your hair wet and conditioned or at least have your hair with some kind of conditioner that will allow your curls to be very soft when you take them out of the knots. You don't have to wet the hair if you don't want to I just thought that method was best for me. If you're growing your hair, like me, and you're trying this look I suggest putting melted coconut oil in your hair, letting it set for an hour, and then washing it out before you do the knots. The coconut oil allows the virgin hair to be healthier and speed up growth.

2. The next step would be to part your hair into even sections. I say that you should part your hair evenly rather than all over the place because then when you undo the knots your doesn't look fuller in certain parts of your hair than others.

3. After that begin to twist your hair in a spiral until it is so tight it gets a kink in it, once your hair gets that kink begin to twist around the kink until it looks like a bee hive. Once you have the bee hive tie it with an elastic or you can pin it. I prefer elastics because when you go to sleep then you won't have the pins sticking in your head(unless you're not sleeping in them, in that case, that doesn't matter)

4. The last thing to do is to set the knots after you have finished your hair. I usually start by using an oil sheen spray by ORS and then once that is done spray it with a strong hold hairspray like Tresemme stronghold. Don't spray too much hairspray because when you take the knots out they will be much harder to unwind.

I would say that you keep them in your hair for about two and half hours for the minimum. Once you have untangled them they should come out with big luscious curls! Here's an example of a girls curls that are on fleek!


No comments:

Post a Comment