Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Summer Class Need to Knows!

Summer Classes

Heyy y'all it's finally Wednesday feels like it took forever to get here. This week has been bittersweet so far because today was my second to last day that I would be working at my job here in Germany. Tomorrow is my last day but some of the co-workers I wouldn't see tomorrow were all giving me hugs and telling me how much of a good time it was to work with me. So I'm a little sad but that's okay I'll be back there in December. On another note, this weeks post is on summer classes. If you don't feel like reading this don't worry I also made a youtube video that explains summer classes and how my summer class went and I will link it right here. If you're reading though just scroll down!

I just found out that I passed my summer class with an A and my last two papers that I was talking about I also got A's on those too! You guys don't understand how proud I am of myself! That class was no joke hard but easy. I somewhat enjoyed my summer class and wanted to tell you why I think it's worth it to take a summer class also what to do in order to take a summer class.
  1. If you plan on taking a summer class at your university or at community college back home then the first thing you want to do is talk to your academic advisor. Your academic advisor will tell you what course to take while your at the university or if you go home and take a course. If you decide to take a class back home your acadmeic advisor will tell you to check your schools course registration website and input your community college you will be attending. There it will tell you what classes you can take that will transfer back to your university.
  2. Here is a big tip when it comes to what kind of summer class you will be taking. What I mean is if the class will be taken in a classroom, online with weekly discussion forums, or online without a forums. If you know you do better when in a classroom setting go with that because you're already taking a summer class let it at least be a class that you will somewhat enjoy. I had no choice when it came to my class because I'm overseas and I had to take an online class.
  3. The last HUGE thing that is a big deal when taking a classes is your grade. Your grade is always a big deal but if you take a summer class at a community college it is mandatory that you get above a C. I say this because if you don't you will not be able to transfer that credit and thats money flushed down the toilet in my opinion.
Overall, my summer class was fine but at sometimes very stressful because my professor was not clear at times making things a lot more difficult. I still learned a lot and I got a Gen. Ed. done now I am that much closer to graduating and I paid way less for the class than I would've payed at the Univeristy of Iowa. My best friend Naija tagged me in a Get to Know Me tag video btw so I hope to have that up either friday or saturday! I''ll let y'all know when its' up.

Alright that's all I got for y'all today if you had a good summer class or bad one let me know. DM your experiences and tell me how you feel now after taking your summer class. See ya next week BYE!:)



No comments:

Post a Comment