Wednesday, August 12, 2015


Heyy y'all so I am one week and two days away from going back to Iowa City and I can't tell you how excited I am. I've been spending this last full week with my family playing games and going out because I won't see them again until December. I do love Germany, but it's time for mama to get back to the city. Anyways, let's get on topic. This week's post will be about school supplies and what you actually need to bring with you as a Freshman. If you haven't noticed the trend already then I will tell you anyways that I also have a video on this topic on my youtube page if you don't want to read. Let's get down to it!

I think that there are eight crucial school supplies that you need for classes and everything else is irrelevant. Those eight school supplies are...


  1. A Binder: I use a 1' 1/2" binder that hold all of my classes which bring's me to my 2nd item
  2. Dividers with pockets: I use the dividers to separate my different class from each other in the binder. I usually use the ones that you can write on with a pen rather than the ones with the slips of paper because I'm lazy and I think its is easier.
  3. Loose Leaf Paper: Between each divider I would put each syllabus that I get for all of my classes and then add some loose leaf paper. When you have loose leaf paper it's great for when you have group roundtables or discussions and you don't have to tear paper out of your notebook. It is also good for if you leave your notebook at your dorm and you don't have to ask for one.
  4. Compositions: I think that when you go to school you to school to learn what will assist you with your career later. Having composition books to me allows you to write all the info that goes towards your major(later on career) and save it until you might need it again for reference. I use mine for chemistry and other sciences classes to get ready for the MCAT.
  5. Pens/Pencils/Highlighters: Make legends in your planner
  6. Sticky Notes: So you don't have to constantly waste large sheets of paper
  7. School books: Obviously. Chegg and amazon are the best place to get books for cheap.
  8. A Planner: Always have a planner on you to keep you on track of your to-do's. When you have lot's of responsibilities having it all organized is the best way to keep from falling behind. I use the very expensive but well worth it Erin Condren planner.
If you want to bring other supplies to school with you go right ahead but I did the same thing and I have used my colored pencils once. More than likely your dorm front desk will have those supplies that you think you need so don't sweat it.

Alright guys that is all I have for you today! If you still want to check out some of my videos on Youtube you can click here for the link. If you have any questions for me I am down to answer them on my Twitter and Tumblr which the links are right on the sidebar. See you next week guys bye!



No comments:

Post a Comment